Holiday Phone Coverage
It’s that time a year again; the holidays are right about the corner. They come one right after the other, and without proper planning they can cause problems with your customer service process. What do you have configured for your holiday phone coverage?
- Thanksgiving: Thursday November 22nd
- Black Friday: Friday November 23rd
- Hanukkah: Begins Sunday December 2nd and ends Monday December 10th
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day: Monday December 24th & Tuesday December 25th
- Kwanzaa: Begins on Wednesday December 26th and ends on Tuesday January 1st
- New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day: Monday December 31st & Tuesday January 1st
Here is some important information to remember when planning your telephone holiday coverage.
- Office Hours: What days will your office be closed? Does your office plan on closing earlier than normal on any days? Keeping your answering service updated on your holiday schedule and hours is very important.
- Changes in Handling Call Relays: Absence of staff members means that call instructions may need to be changed temporarily. Will you need additional on-call staff to cover for the holiday season for emergencies?
- Additional Calls: Depending on your business you may get heavier than normal call volume. The holiday season are some of the most heavily traveled days of the year. Clients forget medication at home and need to reach their doctors office. A customer has a traffic accident and need to contact their insurance agent. Customers forget since they are off work that others are as well, this causing a rise in call volume as well.
- Post-Holiday Rush: With offices being closed for the holidays the first day back is usually busy. Don’t get caught unprepared for a potential increase in calls after each seasonal event.
Everyone deserves a break every now and then. What better times to take a break then over the holidays. Let Kelley’s answer the call, so you can spend time with your friends and family. It is often surprising to many businesses just how effective an answering service can be. Not only do calls get handled professionally and in a timely manner, but it also takes the stress and pressure off you and your staff.
Kelley’s Answering Service & Virtual Receptionist Service has been providing service to customers in Walla Walla, Wenatchee, Yakima, Tri-Cities, Spokane, and the Seattle are for over 50 years. Our traditional client base is Washington, Oregon and Idaho. New Clients nationwide!
Keeping you connected since 1968!